The AGLC offers a wide range of career options and provides employees with a comprehensive compensation program:
- competitive wages and benefits
- defined benefit employee pension plan
- health and dental benefits
- health and wellness spending accounts
- basic life and dependent life insurance
- vacation entitlements
If you’d like to be part of a dedicated and talented team that makes a difference in Alberta, visit our current opportunities page.
Why work for us
The AGLC is recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers for offering employees an exceptional place to work. Here's why:
We care about you
- Our head office has a self-serve lunchroom, Wi-Fi access, outdoor patio, and free parking for employees.
- We have onsite fitness facilities, sheltered bicycle parking, walking trails, and regular health and wellness events, such as yoga or massage.
- The social committee coordinates employee events throughout the year, including summer barbeques, an annual golf tournament and Christmas events.
- We support professional development though employer-funded training and conferences, in-house courses and online training, and reimbursement for job-related memberships and certifications.
- The Special Thanks and Recognition Program celebrates our employees, reinforces our values and recognizes achievements.
We care about your family
- Flexibility is provided through a compressed work week, staggered hours of work, personal leave days and time off for family illness and appointments.
- The employee and family assistance program provides a wide range of counselling and support services, including parenting and senior care resources.
- Day care costs can be reimbursed using credits from the wellness spending account.
- We close our office over Christmas.
- We help you prepare for retirement by offering planning workshops for employees and their partners.
We care about the community
- We support community programs through the AGLC United Way Campaign fund.
- Employees may take time off to volunteer as a team, support a local charity, or make a donation to Canadian Blood Services.
- Funds from gaming revenue help support programs and services that Albertans rely on every day.
- Proceeds from charitable gaming activities support numerous community initiatives and programs such as arts programs to nature conservation and services for youth.