November 29, 2022
This bulletin is to advise all liquor licensees of important amendments to the Liquor Licensee Handbook (LLH). The following amendments are effective immediately:
- Streamlining and reorganizing sections to ensure the handbook continues to be efficient and user-friendly for liquor licensees, including:
- Merging the Class A Minors Allowed and Class A Minors Prohibited sections (3.1 and 3.2) into one Class A section (3.1).
- Merging the Liquor Purchases sections (6.2 and 6.3) into one section (6.2).
- Moving the unauthorized liquor subsections (12.2) into the Liquor Service section (5.3).
- Amending sections to reflect current practices, including:
- Updating the “ProServe,” “Protect” and “Reel Facts” to ensure consistency throughout AGLC’s suite of SMART Programs sections (1.6, 1.7 and 10.11).
- Updating the Ferment on Premises section (3.10).
- Eliminating the restriction on the number of kiosks that may serve liquor on a golf course (5.15).
The amended LLH may be accessed on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca. Additional information regarding AGLC’s commitment to a modern regulatory environment that supports consumer choice, innovation and economic growth can be found on AGLC’s website at: aglc.ca/modernization.
Please familiarize yourself with the amended policies, and ensure all affected staff are notified of the new amendments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Compliance Branch at: email@example.com.